We are a family-owned and operated business located in Brisco BC (close to Radium Hot Springs).
Our Mission is to...
Provide the highest quality products, services, and information to our customers and show them we are as passionate about knife making as they are.
Who we are ...
Curtis Nicholls, President, and CEO, is a long-time knifemaker of hunting, pocket, and chef knives. He worked in sawmill quality control developing expertise he has used to evaluate knifemaking products. Before that, he had several years of experience in the construction industry where he became proficient in electrical, plumbing, framing, drywall, roofing, and welding. When he is not running the company or making knives he enjoys hunting, fishing, dog training, outdoor activities, and small project fabricating.
He is focused on customer service and is always willing to “go the extra mile”.
Frances Lasser, Operations Manager, is Curtis’ sister-in-law. She comes to Canadian Knifemaker after running a successful consulting business in health care. She grew up helping her Dad repair anything from toasters to truck engines. She appreciates the creativity of the knifemaker in designing, material choices, and making beautiful custom knives. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking (with custom knives), ocean kayaking, running, and organic garlic farming.
She is focused on creating the best experience for our customers.
Freddie, Quality Control Goat, is only two years old but has a good nose for quality. That is when he is not fainting.... yes he is a fainting goat. Whenever something frightens him he falls over and remains unconscious for several seconds. So far that has not happened with any new product.
He is focused on checking our products ... when he is not eating or fainting!
Our Values are ...
1. We value our customers every step of the way.
2. We are available to answer questions to ensure we are providing the right product to the right person for the right project.
3. We have high-quality products and diversified, unique product lines.
4. We are respectful, honest, and hard-working and we value integrity.
5. We are socially responsible for the environment and waste management by recycling as much as possible.
6. We want to make an impact on knifemaking in Canada by creating a strong community of knifemakers.