2" x 72" Belts
Many customers purchase a grinder and have no idea what sort of belts they want or need. This might be considered a starting point. It includes;
- 1 x 36g BLAZE Ceramic belt - best belt for hoggin off large amounts of steel
- 2 x 60g BLAZE Ceramic belts - rough shaping without the deep 36g scratches
- 3 x 120g BLAZE Ceramic belts - blends the rough shaping into near final shape and contours
- 3 x 220g Ceramic belts - refines the blade finish to readiness for heat treat, hand sanding etc...
- 1 x 60 Zirconia Belt - Zirconia belts are less expensive than ceramic but won't last as long. Try this one out to see how it compares to the BLAZE
- 2 x 80g Aluminum Oxide belts - Won't last long on steel but good for shaping handles etc
- 2 x 120g Aluminum Oxide belts - blends rough shaping of handles closer to final shape
- 2 x 220g Aluminum Oxide belts - smooths down handles to where they can be hand sanded to desired finish
You'll note that there are more of finer grits. They don't last as long as the coarse. Same goes for Aluminum Oxide - lower cost but shorter life. There is an old adage to "use belts like they are free". Now, I don't expect you to do that on my advice - because yes, I do want to sell belts. However, I hope you'll keep that adage in mind as you find yourself wasting time - burning handles and overheating steel with belts that - deep down inside - you know are dead.
We have WAY more belt offerings than this and you can find them in the sucategories for each type.
This starter pack (at the time this is written) is a value of $117.75. We offer it here at discount so you can get a feel for what is available.
abrasive belt and disk cleaner. approximately 1 3/8 x 1 3/8 x 6
abrasive belt and disk cleaner. 2" x 2" x 12"